Help

Eoin

16114972430855927175457773414576.jpg
I need help to understand this question here, from my understanding this is how I work it out.
(½ x B x L)
2.75cm x 8.5cm x 3.3cm = 77.1cm³
(Because there is 4 prisms multiply by 4)
(I'm unsure and need abit of guidance...)

Please explain the formula and the values you are plugging in.

V = (area of the rhombus) times 5.5

look up the rhombus area formula given the length of its diagonals

So am I right in saying the answer would be 2.75cm x 8.5cm x 3.4cm = 79.475cm³
79.475cm³ x 4 = 317.9cm³
(Is this is right answer to the question above?)

So am I right in saying the answer would be 2.75cm x 8.5cm x 3.4cm = 79.475cm³
79.475cm³ x 4 = 317.9cm³
(Is this is right answer to the question above?)
Can you do it step by step?
Triangle area formula is ?
The values we will plug into the formula are ? If they are not know we can calculate them: ......
The result is ?
Then the total base area is ?
Then the volume is ?

The formula im going by is (½ x B x L = V)
Then do I multiply it by 4? Which would make the volume = 308.5cm³ (I'm unsure thats why I'm asking)

The formula im going by is (½ x B x L = V)
Then do I multiply it by 4? Which would make the volume = 308.5cm³ (I'm unsure thats why I'm asking)
I am not familiar with ½ x B x L = V. If you can explain it I'll try to verify your solution.

I'm doing work out the (Area x height) which is giving me 77.1cm³ (but since there is 4 prisms in that square do I multiply by 4?) (Can you show me how you would work it out?)

On this math help forum no one here will solve the problem for you. They will help you by giving hints and pointing you in the right direction. If you had read the forum's posting guidelines you would have known this.

Instead of just replying by showing a product of numbers and asking if they should be multiplied by 4 or not you need to explain exactly why you are multiplying these numbers together. We are here to help you which means we will not solve the problem for you.

On this math help forum no one here will solve the problem for you. They will help you by giving hints and pointing you in the right direction. If you had read the forum's posting guidelines you would have known this.

Instead of just replying by showing a product of numbers and asking if they should be multiplied by 4 or not you need to explain exactly why you are multiplying these numbers together. We are here to help you which means we will not solve the problem for you.
I'm not looking someone to do it for me... I'm looking to know if I'm doing it right or if I'm doing it wrong and if I'm doing it wrong show me the correct way. I feel attacked when I just came here to get help.

I'm doing work out the (Area x height) which is giving me 77.1cm³ (but since there is 4 prisms in that square do I multiply by 4?) (Can you show me how you would work it out?)
I gave you the steps to solve the problem. You disagreed with my approach and instead wanted to use your own formula. I asked you to explain the meaning of the formula. You haven't done it yet.

We really are here to help you. lev did give you the steps. If you do not like that method then please don't use it. We want you to use the formula which you like to use. The issue here is that no one, so far, recognizes your formula. So you have been asked to explain why you think it works. If you are correct then we will continue with using your formula. If your formula is incorrect then we will explain why it is wrong. Work with us and we will help.

I will give you a major hint. Do you see those dashed lines? Assume that they are the x and y axis for the face. The x and y axis split the face up into 4 smaller congruent triangles. Can you find the area of one of those 4 triangles? Then what will the area of the face be?