How can I solve this problem? Thanks!

maxtol

Hi there!!

I'm in a very beginning stage to solve this, I just made some drawings in paper to get the "idea" and try to figure how to approach to the solution. I really don't know where to start.
This is about to try to get the ground coordinates from the center of a image using a camera.
I know this can be done with a laser telemeter, but is not an option right now.

This is the scenario:
Lets say I'm in top of a 100 meter height tower over a non flat ground looking a point at unknown distance that is below the tower height.

I need:
Know the GPS coordinates and elevation of that point I´m looking at (x, y, z).

The information I have:
- Tower GPS coordinates and height over ground (x, y, z).
- View angle.
- Elevation World data matrix (I know the elevation over sea of any point on the ground).

So, how can solve this?

Thank you !!!

Last edited:
Hi there!

This is the scenario:
Lets say I´m in top of a 100 meter height tower over a non flat ground looking a point at unknown distance that is below the tower height.

I need:
Know the GPS coordinates and elevation of that point I´m looking at (x, y, z)

The information I have:
- Tower GPS coordinates and height over ground (x, y, z)
- View angle.
- Elevation World data matrix (I know the elevation over sea of any point on the ground)

So, how should be the formula?

Thank you !!!

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

Edited and updated

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong.

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/announcement.php?f=33

Hi Subhotosh Khan.

Sorry! I just edit and update the post.

Thanks.

Is this a class-project?

What level of math is being taught in your class?

This is needed for the volunteers to know so that we know where to start.

Is this a class-project?

What level of math is being taught in your class?

This is needed for the volunteers to know so that we know where to start.

Hi Subhotosh Khan!

No, this is not a class-project.

I work in a argentinian small company wich works with gyro-stabilized cameras, I have the task to search a solution for this. Searching on internet I found this site and start to read some posts and I saw there is as lot of very smart people helping others, so I register and post asking for help.

I work in a argentinian small company wich works with gyro-stabilized cameras, I have the task to search a solution for this....
Um... I think there may have been some miscommunication at some stage. This forum is where math volunteers come to give of their time to help struggling students figure out the "ideal" (that is, not "real life") answers to particular of their homework exercises. We don't do free sub-contracting of the sort you seem to be requesting, nor is it reasonably feasible to provide the hours of course instruction necessary to teach you the information you need for your job. Sorry.

You might want to consider hiring a qualified local technician, or else taking the appropriate series of courses at your local college or university. Good luck! ;)

ok

Um... I think there may have been some miscommunication at some stage. This forum is where math volunteers come to give of their time to help struggling students figure out the "ideal" (that is, not "real life") answers to particular of their homework exercises. We don't do free sub-contracting of the sort you seem to be requesting, nor is it reasonably feasible to provide the hours of course instruction necessary to teach you the information you need for your job. Sorry.

You might want to consider hiring a qualified local technician, or else taking the appropriate series of courses at your local college or university. Good luck! ;)

Ok guys, sorry to bother you. My bad.