How do I approach this problem?

tikA

1628917961803.png
Do I solve both equations seperately as augmented matrix to get two sets of values?

Do I solve both equations seperately
Yes, you solve each system separately.

Did you notice that the left-hand sides are identical, in both systems? That's the definition of a 'multi-system of linear equations' -- systems having the same coefficient matrix but different augmented columns (i.e., different right-hand sides).

Maybe you can use that to your advantage.

?

Since there are only 3 unknowns, \(\displaystyle x_1\), \(\displaystyle x_2\), and \(\displaystyle x_3\), they will be determined by three equations.

In fact, it should be clear that the left side of the two sets of equation are the same while the right sides are different. The same values CANNOT satify both.

No, you do not have to solve this system separately!
instead on have just one column of numbers towards the right of the augmented matrix, you simply have two columns of numbers.
Think about which two columns go at the right.

You do not HAVE to- it is possible to solve two different, but similar, problems simultaneously. But these are two different problems and that was what I thought you were asking.

Otis,
You do not have to solve these separately.
Like Halls, I wasn't sure whether the OP understood that a multi-system is not a single-system. (They'd written "equations", not "systems". Even you'd referred to the multi-system as "the system", heh.)

Solving multi-systems in one pass is "solving separately" in one sense because you end up with separate solutions for separate systems -- and using multiple augmented columns is what I'd been thinking, when I'd mentioned 'advantage'. My hope was that the OP would come to realize it, but now I see that I ought to have stressed the one-pass part (solving individual systems simultaneously vs separately). Thank you.

?