How do I submit a math formula for review?

MichaelTheTired

My formula is kind of simple

p=n, q = r.

n! / r! * (n-r)! + (p-q)

To explain. n! / r!*(n-r)! is to calculate combinations as per the combinatorics school of mathematics. The p-q is to represent binary. What this is... in short... is a 3 base language (Ternary) that does not run as standard Ternary but instead runs as Combinations + Binary. I realize to most this would be academic and not worthy of follow up as they could see the entire formula reduced to 3^n instead but the creation of two languages in one stream has practical applications and I am just trying to get someone, anyone, with credentials to apply their review to it.

I am looking for free review, which is to say I am on a budget that precludes a 3rd meal a day... So I really do not have the thousands needed to seek a double blind super duper full on science journal level of review but instead am seeking to get some assistance so I can move on in life from this trivial level question to the next stage of my life where worrying about food will not be as much an issue.

Before you present a "formula", you need to state what problem it claims to solve. State exactly what the goal is and what the variables represent, and give an example or two of its application. You'd also need to show how you know it's correct.

As it is, I have no idea even whether you are trying to solve an interesting problem in the first place.

Before you present a "formula", you need to state what problem it claims to solve. State exactly what the goal is and what the variables represent, and give an example or two of its application. You'd also need to show how you know it's correct.
A math formula does not need to solve a problem, economics, health care, those things solve problems, math like this does not need a goal?

p=n, q = r.

n! / r! * (n-r)! + (p-q)

To explain. n! / r!*(n-r)! is to calculate combinations as per the combinatorics school of mathematics. The p-q is to represent binary. What this is... in short... is a 3 base language (Ternary) that does not run as standard Ternary but instead runs as Combinations + Binary. I realize to most this would be academic and not worthy of follow up as they could see the entire formula reduced to 3^n instead but the creation of two languages in one stream has practical applications and I am just trying to get someone, anyone, with credentials to apply their review to it.

I am looking for free review, which is to say I am on a budget that precludes a 3rd meal a day... So I really do not have the thousands needed to seek a double blind super duper full on science journal level of review but instead am seeking to get some assistance so I can move on in life from this trivial level question to the next stage of my life where worrying about food will not be as much an issue.
I apparently forgot to say Patented and Patent Pending, ugh my lawyer would hate me right now

p=n, q = r.

n! / r! * (n-r)! + (p-q)

Whatever more complicated expression you intend to be in the denominator
needs to be inside of grouping symbols when this is written in horizontal
style as you are using.

n!/[r!*(n - r)!] + (p - q) or n!/[r!(n - r)! + (p - q)] are likely possibilities, depending
on what you intended.

A math formula does not need to solve a problem, economics, health care, those things solve problems, math like this does not need a goal?
You're misunderstanding my words "problem" and "goal". I'm not talking about a real-world application, but about the most basic requirement of math: You have to state what it DOES! Abstract math is full of "problems" that have nothing to do with the real world; but we can state what is to be accomplished (that is, a "goal"), and prove that it does so.

For example, you used the formula for combinations; in stating that formula, one would first say that the goal is to count the number of combinations of n objects taken r at a time (and explain what that means), rather than just display the formula without even defining the variables.

I have a formula too: 5x(y-3)! - sin(x/y). It's meaningless if I don't say what x and y represent, and what value the expression is intended to produce. And it certainly isn't interesting, much less patentable.

By the way, take a look here:

Abstract ideas are concepts like pure mathematics and algorithms. You cannot patent a formula. However, you can patent an application of that formula. Thus, while you cannot patent a mathematical formula that produces nonrepeating patterns, you can patent paper products that use that formula to prevent rolls of paper from sticking together.​