How many gallons of water..........

eddy2017

Elite Member
Hi, dear teachers and friends from this amazing forum. I am bringing this problem before you. I know you would give me the right clues on how to go aboout solving it. Thanks in advance.
eddy
The gauge on a water tank shows that the tank is full of water. in order to fill the tank 16 gallons of water are added. How many gallons of water does the tank hold when full?

Is that the complete problem? There must be something that you left out. Please check and post back with the exact problem.

Hi, dear teachers and friends from this amazing forum. I am bringing this problem before you. I know you would give me the right clues on how to go aboout solving it. Thanks in advance.
eddy
The gauge on a water tank shows that the tank is full of water. in order to fill the tank 16 gallons of water are added. How many gallons of water does the tank hold when full?
If the tank is full, how can you add a drop of water to it, let alone 16 gallons?

This is why we ask you to quote the problem exactly and completely. Frequently a student has trouble with a problem due to not fully understanding it.

I bet you that the says something the tank 7/8 full and then 16 gallons was added to fill the tank.
I can see how you can add 16 gallons when the gauge says fill but that clearly means the gauge is faulty.

I am opening another thread. I can not find the beginning of the problem.