how many ounces of the 20% iced tea solution does he need in order to make a batch of iced tea that is comprised of 24% iced tea mix?

eddy2017

Elite Member
Hi, dear teachers and friends; i will need some hints for this doozy right here::)
Eldrich has 20 ounces of a batch of iced tea that is 70% water, and another batch of iced tea that is 20% iced tea mix. Both solutions are composed of water and iced teat mix only. If Eldrich uses all 20 ounces of the first iced tea batch, how many ounces of the 20% iced tea solution does he need in order to make a batch of iced tea that is comprised of 24% iced tea mix?

Thanks in advance for any help.

eddy

this is the info I have:
Eldrich has 20 ounces of a batch of iced tea that is 70% water.
another batch of iced tea that is 20% iced tea mix.
Eldrich uses all 20 ounces of the first iced tea batch
How many ounces of the 20% iced tea solution does he need in order to make a batch of iced tea that is comprised of 24% iced tea mix?
Do not really know how to start?

this is the info I have:
another batch of iced tea that is 20% iced tea mix.
Eldrich uses all 20 ounces of the first iced tea batch
How many ounces of the 20% iced tea solution does he need in order to make a batch of iced tea that is comprised of 24% iced tea mix?
Do not really know how to start?
Lets do this step by step

Given:

- so this batch has (100-70=) 30% iced tea mix

- what is the weight of the iced tea mix (20 * 0.3 =) ? oz. in 20 ounce of iced tea.

Suppose we use W oz of second Iced tea poured into this to make the iced tea concentration 24%.

What is the weight of the final iced tea? = 20 + W ...... Now the (Iced tea Mix) concentration is 24%

What is the weight of the Iced Tea mix in this final iced tea? = (20 + W) * 0.24 oz

continue....

Thanks, allow me some time to reason this out
Very interesting.

Good morning
- what is the weight of the iced tea mix (20 * 0.3 =) ? oz. in 20 ounce of iced tea.
the weight is 6
Let me see if i have understood your statement here.
you said; 'Suppose we use W oz of second Iced tea poured into this to make the iced tea concentration 24 ...' ?
Does that mean that suppose we use the weight in ounces of the first iced tea mix to pour into the second one?
in that case we will be putting 6 oz of the first batch into the second batch of iced tea mix.
am i right so far?

Well, I keep moving.
What is the weight of the iced tea mix (20 * 0.3 =) ? oz. in 20 ounce of iced tea.
the weight is 6 oz.
So first iced tea mix from the first batch weighs 6 oz. ( in 20oz)
the second batch has 20% mix , which is 0.2 oz.
I may need a hint here. I know the aim is get the second batch up t 24% mix concentration.
24% = 0.24
you have already hinted at that in:
What is the weight of the Iced Tea mix in this final iced tea? = (20 + W) * 0.24 oz
(20 + 6) * 0.24 oz
26*0.24
=6.24 oz

=6.24 oz
I would love your feedback,
Thanks A LOT!

Last edited:
Well, I keep moving.
What is the weight of the iced tea mix (20 * 0.3 =) ? oz. in 20 ounce of iced tea.
the weight is 6 oz.
So first iced tea mix from the first batch weighs 6 oz. ( in 20oz)
the second batch has 20% mix , which is 0.2 oz.
I may need a hint here. I know the aim is get the second batch up t 24% mix concentration.
24% = 0.24
you have already hinted at that in:
(20 + 6) * 0.24 oz
26*0.24
=6.24 oz

=6.24 oz
I would love your feedback,
Thanks A LOT!
Looks good to me