how much money a worker earns based on pay per day ?

btimofte100

Dear all
I have the problem written in romanian

Four workers get for their work 1954 dollars . How much money each worker gets if first worked 10 days , second 8 days , third 15 days and 4th 12 days and per day the second worker has to earn 5 dollars more than first , third 7 dollars less than the second , and the 4th 5 dollars less than the second ?

My equation gives null results -_-''

1603559519718.png

Dear all

Four workers get for their work 1954 dollars . How much money each worker gets if first worked 10 days , second 8 days , third 15 days and 4th 12 days and per day the second worker has to earn 5 dollars more than first , third 7 dollars less than the second , and the 4th 5 dollars less than the second ?

View attachment 22573

The equation [MATH]\frac{x_1}{10} = \frac{x_2}{8} + 5[/MATH], where [MATH]x_1[/MATH] and [MATH]x_2[/MATH] are the total amounts earned by the first two people, means that the daily wage of the first is 5 more than the daily wage of the second. Is that what you intended?

I recommend writing such equations first in words, then substituting expressions. The equation should say "the second worker earns 5 dollars more per day than the first," so we can write it as "daily wage of second = daily wage of first + 5". Then replace each phrase with the corresponding expression. This helps avoid the common error of getting signs wrong.

Dear all
Thank you for the excellent translation!

Four workers get for their work 1954 dollars .
Am I correct that this is the total the four earned?

Let the amount the first worker earns per day be "\(\displaystyle p_1\)", the amount the second worker earns per day be "\(\displaystyle p_2\)", the amount the third worker earns per day be "\(\displaystyle p_3\)", and the amount the fourth worker earns per day be "\(\displaystyle p_4\)"

and per day the second worker has to earn 5 dollars more than first ,
So \(\displaystyle p_2= p_1+ 5\).

third 7 dollars less than the second
So \(\displaystyle p_3= p_2- 7= (p_1+ 5)- 7= p_1- 2\),

and the 4th 5 dollars less than the second ?
So \(\displaystyle p_4= p_2- 5= (p_1+ 5)- 5= p_1\)

How much money each worker gets if first worked 10 days , second 8 days , third 15 days and 4th 12 days
So the first worker earned \(\displaystyle 10p_1\), the second worker earned \(\displaystyle 8p_2= 8(p_1+ 5)= 8p_1+ 40\), the third worker earned \(\displaystyle 15p_3= 15(p_1- 2)= 15p_1- 30\), and the fourth worker earned \(\displaystyle 12p_4= 12p_1\).

Together they earned \(\displaystyle 10p_1+ (8p_1+ 40)+ (15p_1- 30)+ (12p_1)= (10+ 8+ 15+ 12)p_1+ (40- 30)= 45p_1+ 10= 1954\).

Solve that equation for \(\displaystyle p_1\) and then calculate \(\displaystyle p_2\), \(\displaystyle p_3\), and \(\displaystyle p_4\).

I have no idea what this means! What did you do to get an equation?

View attachment 22573
[/QUOTE]

I was once told that when you are drunk, all women look beautiful and all mathematical proofs are perfectly done.

Dear all

View attachment 22573
In your problem it says the total paid was 1945 but you put 1954 in your typed post. Keep that in mind when you try to compute the results.

After working all these weeks i managed to solve with your help
This was a tough problem or my IQ is low -_-''
1608397950391.png