How to find Objective Function without been given an maximum equation

kanekicracks

Hi, can anyone please help me out with question 2d) ?
I don’t know how to come up with an objective function when I’ve only been given the constraints and corner points. (I’ve tried my best to annotate the pictures below ?)

My friends figured the objective function to be N = 3p + s but i don’t know if that’s correct or even if it is, how they got it.

Thank you in advance : )

0016A4DC-F12D-47C7-B01F-0A104ECDD6C5.jpeg5DD47A62-E8EA-448D-8D1A-5E3312DBCF23.jpeg2ADD3FCB-79DD-42CE-899F-51FF98938BF8.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t know how to come up with an objective function when I’ve only been given the constraints and corner points. (I’ve tried my best to annotate the pictures below ?)

My friends figured the objective function to be N = 3p + s but i don’t know if that’s correct or even if it is, how they got it.

View attachment 28694View attachment 28695View attachment 28696
As posted, I do not think you can derive the O.F.
You have NOT posted the complete problem.

As posted, I do not think you can derive the O.F.
You have NOT posted the complete problem.
But the questions a) just requires me to interpret constraint 4 and b) asks for the maximum number of sausages and party pies combined which can be made in an hour (the answer is ≤ 100, from constraint 3)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-30 192615.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-30 192615.png
    66 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2021-08-30 192634.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-30 192634.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 2

View attachment 28694View attachment 28695View attachment 28696
You are told what the objective function is, read carefully. You just need to write it down as a function.

You are told what the objective function is, read carefully. You just need to write it down as a function.
Is it N = s + p??
So, if the objective function is just N = s + p:
• ⁠The question after d) asks me to use this function and find each possible number of party pies and sausage rolls that would be made each hour is the number of items made was to be kept at a minimum.

I didn't add this question in because I thought if I found the objective function, I'd just sub in all 4 points and see which one gives me the lowest?
• ⁠However by using N=s+p, it gives me either (15,5) OR (20,0) since they both add to 20? And I'm not sure if I can have 2 answers?

Is it N = s + p??
So, if the objective function is just N = s + p:
• ⁠The question after d) asks me to use this function and find each possible number of party pies and sausage rolls that would be made each hour is the number of items made was to be kept at a minimum.

I didn't add this question in because I thought if I found the objective function, I'd just sub in all 4 points and see which one gives me the lowest?
• ⁠However by using N=s+p, it gives me either (15,5) OR (20,0) since they both add to 20? And I'm not sure if I can have 2 answers?
You don't have 2 answers, you have 2 solutions. There is nothing wrong with that.

You don't have 2 answers, you have 2 solutions. There is nothing wrong with that.
Oh okayy thank you so much! I was just getting confused on how my friends got N = 3p + s and I was getting N = s + p and if that was the wrong answer