How to graph the function f(x) = x and the function g (x) = x^2

Steph Annie

[h=2]I posted this question in Int/Advanced Algebra forum but I thought maybe it would fit into beginning algebra as well.
I've just listed the problem below without any of my attempted work so it doesn't look confusing. I am doing lots and lots of these problems for homework, so if someone could show me how to go about this particular one, I would really appreciate it. If you could use a table of graphs that would be wonderful. I am a "visual" learner and as soon as I see something it "clicks!" It would really helps. Thanks![/h]
​Graph the function f(x) = x and the function g(x) = x2 in the same set of coordinate axes. At what point (s) do the functions intersect? Label the points on your graph.

I posted this question in Int/Advanced Algebra forum but I thought maybe it would fit into beginning algebra as well.
I've just listed the problem below without any of my attempted work so it doesn't look confusing. I am doing lots and lots of these problems for homework, so if someone could show me how to go about this particular one, I would really appreciate it. If you could use a table of graphs that would be wonderful. I am a "visual" learner and as soon as I see something it "clicks!" It would really helps. Thanks!

​Graph the function f(x) = x and the function g(x) = x2 in the same set of coordinate axes. At what point (s) do the functions intersect? Label the points on your graph.

You haven't shown any work that you have tried thus far so it is hard to help you specifically with your problem. However, as I am not sure what method your teacher is wanting you to graph these, have you at least tried to make a table of x and y values so you can start plotting them on the xy-plane?

I posted this question in Int/Advanced Algebra forum but I thought maybe it would fit into beginning algebra as well.
I've just listed the problem below without any of my attempted work so it doesn't look confusing. I am doing lots and lots of these problems for homework, so if someone could show me how to go about this particular one, I would really appreciate it. If you could use a table of graphs that would be wonderful. I am a "visual" learner and as soon as I see something it "clicks!" It would really helps. Thanks!

THIS question was answered thoroughly in the other board - especially see graphical response from pka.
It only became confusing when you introduced a different function for f(x).

Algebraically solving for points of intersection, set f(x) = g(x) and solve for x.