How to read research paper, textbook, long text content?

shivajikobardan

I can read less text content easily. my way of reading it is to make slides of all those texts and learn from the slides.

But I have issue with reading huge huge texts as you know in this case it will require too much time when I do this. Is there way to simplify this reading style?

eg-: of sth that I want to read is this.

https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en//archive/gfs-sosp2003.pdf

It takes me 45 minutes to read 3 paragraph and comprehend it at least.

If I go that way, you can imagine, how long it takes me to read a research paper. Probably a week to read a research paper lol. Even reading articles in internet is a hassle for me if they are longer. If I just read what I need to learn it is easy as it will be few paragraphs but if I have to learn sth else long it is pain to me as I can't do it timely manner.

Are there any udemy courses that teach how to read textbooks for university students that you are aware of?

I'll be interested to learn if you find something useful. I hate reading technical papers myself, especially the ones which are poorly illustrated (pictures being worth a thousand words :).

I've noticed that one thing which holds me back is my inability to move forward until I feel that I understood everything I've read so far. But when I do succeed in moving forward I often realize that things become clearer later.

I'll be interested to learn if you find something useful. I hate reading technical papers myself, especially the ones which are poorly illustrated (pictures being worth a thousand words :).

I've noticed that one thing which holds me back is my inability to move forward until I feel that I understood everything I've read so far. But when I do succeed in moving forward I often realize that things become clearer later.
IMO reading aloud can help a bit..
But I honestly don't know how to reduce my reading time tho.

Does your reading speed depend on the subject? E.g. fiction, non-fiction, popular science, technical papers? Does it depend on how familiar you are with the concepts and terms used in the text?
Good question..Even while reading newspaper my speed is the same. If I read sth I am already read before it doesn't take too much for me. I can learn that in <5 minutes.