How would I go about doing this equation?

I assume that you want to add 20 to both sides, if I am wrong then please state what it is that you want to do.
K7 + A10= 2463/300
K7 + A10 + 20 = 2463/300 + 20 = 8463/300

Sorry about the poor clarification. I'm not well versed in this subject quite yet. The entire problem is: kids tickets cost $7 and adult tickets cost $10. How many adult and children's tickets are needed to reach $2463 with only 300 total tickets sold. I can find the answer from educated guesses but am not sure how to set up the problem this may have been the reason you did not understand my first question.

Sorry about the poor clarification. I'm not well versed in this subject quite yet. The entire problem is: kids tickets cost $7 and adult tickets cost $10. How many adult and children's tickets are needed to reach $2463 with only 300 total tickets sold. I can find the answer from educated guesses but am not sure how to set up the problem this may have been the reason you did not understand my first question.
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

So the equation you wrote at first uses variables

K = number of kid tickets​
A = number of adult tickets​

And you wrote it in a nonstandard way; we usually put the numerical coefficient before the variables. So you meant

7K + 10A = 2463/300​

But that's still wrong, because the total cost is just $2463. There's no division to do.

What you need help with is figuring out where the 300 goes.

Answer: That's the total number of tickets, which is a separate equation:

K + A = 300​

So what you have is a system of two equations in two unknowns. (Don't forget to fix the first one.)

Now the question is, have you learned how to solve such a system? If not, this can be done with only one variable; in effect, you do that by replacing one of the variables in the first equation with the expression you get when you solve for that variable in the second equation.

Now, let's see what more you can do.

Hi Akuna. Here's a video link that shows some worked examples, using the Substitution Method for solving a system of two linear equations. Follow along, using paper and pencil. (If you see anything that you don't understand, then please ask.)

Assuming that you've understood Dr. Peterson's corrections to what you first posted, my hope is that you'll understand enough from the video to try the Substitution Method with your system of two equations. If so, post how far you got. Otherwise, ask your next question about it. Thanks!

?

[imath]\;[/imath]

Hi Akuna. Were you able to finish solving the system of two equations?

7K + 10A = 2463

K + A = 300​

:)

[imath]\;[/imath]

Hi Akuna. Were you able to finish solving the system of two equations?

7K + 10A = 2463​
K + A = 300​

:)

[imath]\;[/imath]
Sorry for the late response. After looking over the incredibly helpful video i got:

K = 179

A = 121

121 + 179 = 300

179 x 7 = 1253

121 x 10 = 1210

1210 + 1253 = 2463

Is this correct? Thank you again you have all been very helpful!