hw help

erica123

Hi, I need help with these 3 problem

3) 52 divided among 4 players. Each player may receive between 0 and 52 cards. How many outcomes?

4) 52 cards are divided into 4 piles. The piles are not necessarily of equal size (but each pile is non-empty). How many outcomes?

5) 52 cards are dipped in black ink (no longer distinguishable). How many ways to divide them into 4 equal piles?

6) 52 black cards (not distinguishable) are divided among 4 players (not necessarily equally(. Each player must receive at least 1 card. How many outcomes are possible?

3) 52 divided among 4 players. Each player may receive between 0 and 52 cards. How many outcomes?

4) 52 cards are divided into 4 piles. The piles are not necessarily of equal size (but each pile is non-empty). How many outcomes?

5) 52 cards are dipped in black ink (no longer distinguishable). How many ways to divide them into 4 equal piles?

6) 52 black cards (not distinguishable) are divided among 4 players (not necessarily equally(. Each player must receive at least 1 card. How many outcomes are possible?
First figure out - how many cards would each player get.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

#3. Is simply \(4^{52}\) that is the number of ways of placing \(n\) distinguishable objects into \(k\) distinguishable cells: \(k^n\).
The other three involve Stirling Numbers of the Second order: \(\mathcal{S}_k^{(n)}\)
The topic of Stirling Numbers can take up an entire chapter of an textbook.