hypothesis contrasting exercise: can of mussels lists weight as 250 grams

h2627185

Good afternoon,

This is a hypothesis contrasting exercise that reads as follows: a can of a commercial brand of mussels indicates that its weight is [FONT=MathJax_Main]250[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main] [/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math]g[/FONT]. . On the other hand, a consumer thinks that the average weight of mussels is less than that indicated on the tin. If the weight of mussels has a standard deviation of [FONT=MathJax_Main]9[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main] [/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math]g[/FONT]

and follows a normal distribution, it is ordered:
(1.) To clarify the buyer's doubt, a Buyers' Association has chosen [FONT=MathJax_Main]100[/FONT] samples. The average of the samples is [FONT=MathJax_Main]245[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main] [/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math]g[/FONT] and its quasi-sivariance is [FONT=MathJax_Main]0.35[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main] [/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math]g[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]2[/FONT]. With a significance level of [FONT=MathJax_Main]%[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]5[/FONT] , is it true that the consumer is right?

(2.) Also calculate the error type II and specify the power of the contrast.
Paragraph (1.) gives me that the buyers are right but paragraph (2.) I don't know how to do it. Thank you very much and I hope you will help me.

hypothesis contrasting exercise

Good afternoon,

This is a hypothesis contrasting exercise that reads as follows: a can of a commercial brand of mussels indicates that its weight is [FONT=MathJax_Main]250[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math]g[/FONT] . On the other hand, a consumer thinks that the average weight of mussels is less than that indicated on the tin. If the weight of mussels has a standard deviation of [FONT=MathJax_Main]9[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math]g[/FONT] and follows a normal distribution, it is ordered:

(1.) To clarify the buyer's doubt, a Buyers' Association has chosen [FONT=MathJax_Main]100[/FONT] samples. The average of the samples is [FONT=MathJax_Main]245[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math]g[/FONT] and its quasi-sivariance is [FONT=MathJax_Main]0.35[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Math]g[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]2[/FONT]. With a significance level of [FONT=MathJax_Main]%[/FONT][FONT=MathJax_Main]5[/FONT] , is it true that the consumer is right?

(2.) Also calculate the error type II and specify the power of the contrast.
Paragraph (1.) gives me that the buyers are right but paragraph (2.) I don't know how to do it. Thank you very much and I hope you will help me.