Hypothesis two-sample test

hincape_95

I was given this homework question to do and i am completely lost and confused. I need to know what my statistical decision would be and what my p-value would be. I'm not completely sure if I did it right.

At 5% significance level, conduct a hypothesis test to determine whether the average incomes of male and female employees are significantly different. (Assume equal variance).

State the null and alternative hypotheses:
The null hyptheses: There is no significant difference in the average income of male and female employees
The alternative hypotheses: There is a significant difference in the average income of male and female employees

Justify your choice of statistical method:
We will do a t-test sample size, two samples, because the sample size is less than 30.
My test is two-tailed because I am looking for the difference between the average income and male and female.

Find the critical value:
The T-Critical value for two-tail is 2.004879

Find the test value:
The T-Stat value is -0.09874

Make the statistical decision: (NOT SURE IF IT'S RIGHT)
Since the T-test value is not in the critical area, I do not have evidence to support the null hypothesis. The average income of male and female employees are significantly different

Find and interpret the p-value (NOT SURE IF IT'S RIGHT)

My p-value is very small 0.92171. This is much less than 5% so I have evidence to reject the null hypothesis.

0r

My p-value is 0.92171. This means I have a p-value of 27.1% chance of incurring an error when the null hypothesis is rejected. Since this is more than the allowable 5% significance level.