I am so confused on this question (calculus): Invent a function to satisfy lim_{x->0+} f(x) = 3 and....

Really need help with this as I am so lost View attachment 36891

Part of the text appears to be cut off. If the remaining text is not necessary, then it appears that the following is the exercise:

Invent a function, and sketch its graph, to satisfy [imath]\displaystyle{\lim_{x \rarr 0^+} f(x) = 3}[/imath] and [imath]\displaystyle{\lim_{x \rarr 0^-} f(x) = -2}[/imath]

Note that the exercise asks you to "invent *a* function", rather than "find *the* function". This is because there are infinitely-many functions which will fulfill the requirement that the function has a break at [imath]x = 0[/imath]. So you'll have a piecewise function (since the rules obviously have to change as [imath]x[/imath] passes [imath]0[/imath]), but those pieces can have any rule you like, as long as they head to the specified values of [imath]y[/imath].

Did you try looking for examples of limits like these? Here are a couple pages with graphs similar to what you are expected to make:

(see the section "When it is different from different sides".)

It's unclear whether a graph alone will be enough, or whether you need to make up a piecewise definition of a function; in my mind, the former should be sufficient, because a graph defines a function. But at the least, these pages and others on the topic should help you understand the idea.

We could help a lot more if you showed all of the problem, and some little bit of thinking, so we could see where you need help.