I choose answer c, but my teacher says it is answer D

To me it could be C or D but I chose C because the temperature rises and then stays constant and then goes way down.

D fits better. Arrow stops suddenly vs water _slowly_ cools down. Look at the vertical line. Looks sudden to me.

Why would the puddle rapidly warm up at in the early morning? Why would it rapidly cool down in the late afternoon?

Would it not more likely warm up slowly as the sun climbed into the sky, continue increasing while the sun shone down fairly directly, and slowly cool of as the sun dropped. Which is normally warmer, 7 in the morning or 5 in the afternoon?

In applied math, experience and commom sense deserve consideration unless experiment suggests them to be wrong.

I wish that I could give an answer to this thread. But I cannot read either attachment.

It could be either C or D, but the teacher says that it is D and I chose C--- could I argue that it is C for the reasons that I stated above??

D fits better. Arrow stops suddenly vs water _slowly_ cools down. Look at the vertical line. Looks sudden to me.

The water temperature could've risen suddenly, so that would explain the rise in the graph