I don't know this. Please help

What about the question are you not understanding? It seems clear to me. Also can you please repost it so it is orientated correctly.

Can someone explain this?
1602639965055.png

I would plot the three indicated points, and then use whatever you have been learning to find a formula.

Not knowing what you have learned, I can't be sure what you are expected to do. Any three points determine a quadratic function, so you might want to do that. Can you tell us what you are studying, and what techniques this might be intended to exercise?

I know but this is part of an assignment concerning quadratics but this last question is totally screwing me up

I know but this is part of an assignment concerning quadratics but this last question is totally screwing me up
Then that's perfect! Why didn't you mention quadratics in the first place?

Does this mean that you have learned how to find a quadratic equation given three pairs? The idea is to plug each pair into the generic equation ax^2 + bx + c = y, resulting in three equations in the unknowns a, b, and c, which you can solve for.

The pairs, of course, are (2, 5), (4, 8), and (6, 7).

If your difficulty is in carrying this out, please show your work so we can see what help you need.