I have to prove that one of triangles angles is 60° and that's, what i got as result. What does that mean? ?

Sorry, here's the question.
Prove, that if this equation is true, then one of triangles angles is 60 degrees. The result is that equation I wrote earlier.

Attachments

• CodeCogsEqn (1).gif
    CodeCogsEqn (1).gif
    721 bytes · Views: 2
Sorry, here's the question.
Prove, that if this equation is true, then one of triangles angles is 60 degrees
1573508302917.png Prove, that if this equation is true, then one of triangles angles is 60 degrees

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

READ BEFORE POSTING

Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.

If this equation (pic 1) is true, then prove that at least one of triangles' angles must be 60 degrees. Result of my calculations is on the second pic.
Is that some dependence I don't know ?

Attachments

• CodeCogsEqn (1).gif
    CodeCogsEqn (1).gif
    721 bytes · Views: 2
  • CodeCogsEqn.gif
    CodeCogsEqn.gif
    619 bytes · Views: 2
If this equation (pic 1) is true, then prove that at least one of triangles' angles must be 60 degrees. Result of my calculations is on the second pic.
Is that some dependence I don't know ?
Do you know the "law of cosines" for triangles?

Can you at least tell us what a, b and c are, please? Based on your question about proving that at least one of triangles' angles must be 60 degrees I can only assume that a, b and c are angles(?)
Can you show us how you got your results?
Can you also tell us where you are stuck and what type of help you need?
If you told us where you are having trouble and posted the complete problem you would have received help by now.

Is a an angle, is it a length of a side of a triangle or something else? Is b a side of a triangle? If yes, is it opposite angle a (if in fact a is an angle)?

Do you see that someone who reads your post has now idea what YOUR variables mean. If you really want help you should at least define your variables AND show us your work so we know what type of help you need. Do you realize how many posts were made so far and it seems to me that all was a waste of time because of your poorly worded question?

I will guess (which we shouldn't have to do) that you were told that a, b, and c are the sides of a triangle, and the given equation is true.

I would have simplified the given equation to a^2 - b^2 + c^2 = ac. You have put it into exactly the form you need to apply the law of cosines to answer the question! So I am guessing that either you have had some help, or you are very lucky, if you didn't see this fact.

Now please tell us whether you know about the law of cosines.