I m bad in geometry so i cant solve them amd i meed their answers

OK, you can't solve it. Can you show us what you have done so we can give you a hint?

I can see how you might have no idea how to start the first problem, so I'll give that hint. Imagine cutting the cone along segment OA and flattening it. Are you aware that it will flatten into a sector of a circle? Point A will turn into two points A and A' at opposite ends of an arc. What is the shortest distance from A to A'?

By the way, if you're bad at geometry, then what you need isn't the answers; it's to learn geometry. And the only way to do that is to think. Demanding that someone else do it for you is not the way to learn.

I can see how you might have no idea how to start the first problem, so I'll give that hint. Imagine cutting the cone along segment OA and flattening it. Are you aware that it will flatten into a sector of a circle? Point A will turn into two points A and A' at opposite ends of an arc. What is the shortest distance from A to A'?

By the way, if you're bad at geometry, then what you need isn't the answers; it's to learn geometry. And the only way to do that is to think. Demanding that someone else do it for you is not the way to learn.

i m bad in geometry does nt mean that i did nt try to solve them !actually i found a solution that was long and i wanted a shorter solution for them !
Now i found the shorter one too ? thank you for helping ! ( if someone ask for help it does nt mean that he or she is demanding because i dnt need to learn geometry i solve problems for fun!!)

i m bad in geometry does nt mean that i did nt try to solve them !actually i found a solution that was long and i wanted a shorter solution for them !
Now i found the shorter one too ? thank you for helping ! ( if someone ask for help it does nt mean that he or she is demanding because i dnt need to learn geometry i solve problems for fun!!)
you say:

"I actually i found a solution"

If you had shared your solution along with your first post, we would have had much more productive discussion.

After flattening out the cone - what was the measure of the angle AOA'? ...................................... added later

Last edited by a moderator:
For the future, please observe that telling the truth has better results than not doing so. What you said initially was, "I can't solve them and I need their answers". The first clause was apparently false, and the second is clearly a demand for us to do the work for you, whether this is for a class or not. If you had just said you had an unsatisfying solution, we would have discussed that, and would not have felt a need to comment on the nature of your request.

Perhaps you are not good at English, and didn't want to say all that was needed in order to explain what you did; I understand that. But if you read our guidelines, you would have known to say at least something about your attempt. We sincerely want to know how best to help.

In any case, I'm glad what I said helped; and I'd be interested to see what you did first, which might show us that you have more skill than you admit, since solving a problem the hard way means that you can do hard work (if it's correct). I can't really think of a harder way that I would be willing to try!

Dr Peterson,
I hope all is well with you.
Can you please try to explain what you mean when you said to cut the cone along OA? What I am thinking is that you would get a straight line, namely the line OA, but I suspect I am wrong. Thanks!

Dr Peterson,
I hope all is well with you.
Can you please try to explain what you mean when you said to cut the cone along OA? What I am thinking is that you would get a straight line, namely the line OA, but I suspect I am wrong. Thanks!
The line OA is on the slant side of the cone - going from a point on the base (A) to the apex of the cone (O).

Each point on the bottom curve is made from the circle (circular base) of the "uncut" cone. After cutting it, all those points will make a circular sector whose center is at O and radius is OA.

Get out of your corner and go buy an shaved-ice cone from the - sheesh no - you cannot do that - no street-vendor now - fun of summer is gone.......

The line OA is on the slant side of the cone - going from a point on the base (A) to the apex of the cone (O).

Each point on the bottom curve is made from the circle (circular base) of the "uncut" cone. After cutting it, all those points will make a circular sector whose center is at O and radius is OA.

Get out of your corner and go buy an shaved-ice cone from the - sheesh no - you cannot do that - no street-vendor now - fun of summer is gone.......
Thanks for trying but to be honest I did understand anything in your post.
Can you please try again?

If you cut along segment OA, you can flatten out the cone into a sector like this:

B9g15.png

Now the shortest distance from A to A is the straight line from the farthest point at the left to the farthest point at the right. You just have to calculate the length of that chord.

Thanks for trying but to be honest I did understand anything in your post.
Can you please try again?
Did you want to say:

"...Thanks for trying but to be honest I did NOT understand anything in your post...."

Sitting in the corner - your mind has become mush.h.h.h.....

Did you want to say:

"...Thanks for trying but to be honest I did NOT understand anything in your post...."

Sitting in the corner - your mind has become mush.h.h.h.....
I like you so much that I could not say NOT to you.
BTW did you know that I own the Brooklyn Bridge and it is up for sale. I'm currently taking bids.