I NEED HELP I'M IN MY EXAM

please help me solve this equation: x = 50 000 log (9) (10 601.8191) + 20 000
Are you supposed to ask for help during exam??

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem

You're in the exam? Is this a course in "Getting other people to do your work for you"?

Also, what do you mean by "solve this equation". Basically the equation already says "x= " a single number and that is, to me, what "solving an equation" means!

Is the problem how that number is written? It is "50 000 log (9) (10 601.8191) + 20 000". Do you know what log(9)(10601.8181) means? Surely it is not multiplying by 50000 or addint 20000 that is the problem!

You need to know that \(\displaystyle log_a(b)= \frac{log(b)}{log(a)}\) where the "log" on the right is to whatever base you want. I am sure your calculator (or at any rate a calculator you would want for a course like this) has the "natural logarithm", ln, key and possibly a "common logarithm", base 10 key. Either of those will work.

Please tell me someone didn’t try to cheat on an exam with an online homework forum ?‍♂️ .

You're in the exam? Is this a course in "Getting other people to do your work for you"?

Also, what do you mean by "solve this equation". Basically the equation already says "x= " a single number and that is, to me, what "solving an equation" means!

Is the problem how that number is written? It is "50 000 log (9) (10 601.8191) + 20 000". Do you know what log(9)(10601.8181) means? Surely it is not multiplying by 50000 or addint 20000 that is the problem!

You need to know that \(\displaystyle log_a(b)= \frac{log(b)}{log(a)}\) where the "log" on the right is to whatever base you want. I am sure your calculator (or at any rate a calculator you would want for a course like this) has the "natural logarithm", ln, key and possibly a "common logarithm", base 10 key. Either of those will work.
We haven’t considered it might be a course on worst questions to cheat in an exam (unless it’s a non calculator one, but then you’re on your phone anyway!). HallsofIvy you have more patience and good will than me.

No thanks from the “question“ poser yet. And you only gave it to them the day after their exam. It’s been 10 days, personally I‘m dying to know how they did.