I need help with this graph problem!

MathStudent17314

math1.PNG

I have figured out the two x-intercepts but I cannot seem to figure out the y-intercept, vertical asymptote(s), and the horizontal asymptote. If you could please explain to me how to find these problems it would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

View attachment 23474

I have figured out the two x-intercepts but I cannot seem to figure out the y-intercept, vertical asymptote(s), and the horizontal asymptote. If you could please explain to me how to find these problems it would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.
From your text-book or classnotes - can you please tell us the definitions for:
  • y- intercept

• horizontal asymptote

• vertical asymptote

View attachment 23474

You did figure out the asymptotes, but didn't follow the directions! It says, "Enter your asymptotes as a comma-separated list of equations if necessary." You just entered numbers!

So enter them as "x=..." or "y=..." as appropriate, and you'll have those.

For the y-intercept, that's easy except that it's too small a number to read accurately. So if they want an accurate answer, you'll have to work out the equation of the graph (assuming it is as simple as possible). It's possible to do that using only the facts that you do know exactly.

Show us your attempt, and we can work on that part together.

You seem to know that the y intercept has the x-value = 0. Good. But apparently you do not know how to read off points or know what the y intercept is. It is the point where the graph crosses the y axis. In the graph you supplied it does not cross at y=3. Try again.