I need help!! with this Statistics Maths

Venroy

(Questions 1-7) Use the information below, which presents the worldwide gross revenue ( in $1,000,000s) for all 2005-2007 movies released in the summer and at other times (i.e., spring, fall, winter) for these questions. Assume that worldwide gross revenue is normally distributed and that the variances for summer movies and other movies are different. Compute a directional hypothesis test (i.e., a one tailed test) based on the theory that summer movies earn more amount than other movies, on average. Use an alpha= 0.05 level

summer =127.5 S2summer=32,870 Nsummer= 128
other=93.9 S2other=21,228 Nother=373

For the Question above find above find
(1). State hypotheses
H0 =
H1=
(2) State the mean for each group
(a) Summer
(b) Other
(3) State the variance for each group
(a) Summer
(b) Other
(4) Find standard error for the difference between means
(5) Compute the t ratio

(6) Determine critical t value
(7) Make a decision

(Questions 8-14) Use the information below, which presents the return on investment (= Worldwide Gross/ Total Budget) for movies released in the summer and at other times (i.e, spring, fall, winter), for these questions. Assume that return on investment is normally distributed and that the variances for summer movies and other movies are the same. Compute a non-directional hypothesis test (i.e., a two tailed test) based on the theory that summer movies earn a different return than other movies, on average. Use an alpha=0.01 level.

summer =3.21 S2summer=16.43 Nsummer= 128

other=3.15 S2other=18.49 Nother=373

8. State Hypotheses
H0 =
H1=
9. State the mean for each group
c. Summer
d. Other
10. State the variance for each group
c. Summer
d. Other
11. Find standard error for the difference between means
12. Compute the t ratio
13. Determine critical t value
14. Make a decision

Last edited:
Please do not post exercises with no effort shown or no questions asked.

What have you thought about or tried thus far?

Where are you stuck?

Do you have a specific question about this exercise?

PS: Please read the post titled "Read Before Posting" for guidance on how to ask for help on these boards.

Cheers :cool:

I need help with this statistics question

I am sorry but I don't know how to begin,I just need an explanation about how to begin. I need to understand the steps to begin so that I can be better able to do this statistics. I wish I understand it so I could show my effort but I really don't understand it.

Here is my attempt on question #1

1)Let [FONT=&quot][/FONT]u1and u2 be the population mean for first weekend gross revenue for summer movies and other movies respectively.

[FONT=&quot]H0:u1=u2, ie [/FONT][FONT=&quot]there is no significant difference between average first weekend gross revenue for the summer movies and other movies.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]H1[/FONT]:u1>u2 ie, first weekend gross revenue of summer movies is significantly more than that of other movies.

Last edited: