I need help

radius from the circle center to D is perpendicular to DC.

Pythagoras …

[MATH](r+10)^2 = r^2 + 16^2[/MATH]
… solve for the radius

I know they exist, but I often have to re-derive or look up those circle formulas.
They are much easier to remember when you realize they are all one formula: Given a point P and a circle C, for any line through P intersecting the circle in points A and B (which may be the same point, in the case of a tangent), the product PA*PB is constant. This constant is called the power of the point with respect to the circle.

They are much easier to remember when you realize they are all one formula: Given a point P and a circle C, for any line through P intersecting the circle in points A and B (which may be the same point, in the case of a tangent), the product PA*PB is constant. This constant is called the power of the point with respect to the circle.
Im confused cause this is not how my teacher taught me nor did he bring up these formulas im confused

Im confused cause this is not how my teacher taught me nor did he bring up these formulas im confused
If that's not something you've been taught, then you aren't expected to use it. The reason it came up in this discussion is that we don't know anything about you, so all we can do is to suggest possibilities. To my mind, the problem looks tailor-made for these theorems, and might have been assigned to give you a chance to use them. Others see it as a Pythagorean Theorem problem; but we don't yet know whether you know that, and enough algebra, either.

That's part of the reason for our guidelines, which among other things ask you to show your own thinking, so we can tell what you know and what you have been learning (which are not necessarily the same thing).

Can you tell us something about what you are able to do?