I need hep with this question please

#LionHeart34

Two rectangular plots of land are equal in area .The length of the first plot is one and half times it's width.The length of the second plot is 3 metres less than 15 times it's width.
Denoting the width of the first plot by x metres and the width of the second plot by y metres. Show that:
X^2 - 10y^2 + 2y =0

What I did was to draw the two plots and label them but I am not sure the method I should use to get
X^2 - 10y^2 + 2y =0 and what they mean by denoting the x and y

Please show us your picture (or at least describe it so we can reproduce it). I want to see how you labeled the sides, and also what expressions you wrote for the two areas.

"Denoting the width by x" means that the label you put on the width is "x". Then you use that variable to find an expression for the length.

EDIT: I see that you submitted the same question twice, so two of us have answered. We'll have to merge the threads.

1) Why change back and forth between C, B and X, Y? Very confusing. The problem statement SAYs x, y, so why not use that throughout?

2) Does the problem statement say the width of both is the same? You labeled both "C". The problem statement told you to label one width 'x' and the other 'y'. Why didn't you do that?

3) If we're using "C", which we should not be, [math]A_{2} = 15C^{2} - 3C[/math]. You seem to have overlooked the exponent.

4) No guessing. Make sure what you write agrees with what you are given.

On the last line (ignoring the other issues), you appear just to have omitted parentheses, which are essential!
It should have been [MATH]A_2 = (15C-3)C[/MATH].

Most important, you are told that the areas are equal, so show that. Write an equation between the two expressions.

Try again, making the changes we've suggested, and see if you can make it work.