I need more steps on how to solve this!!!!

Need Help

Steps to solve, don't give solution. Cause this an assessment problem
2f0N9opzh2vp5pIqu2QjXoWpPxVfcuKToF1ue3B7MATGB2YSx_jgqGpXLZ9bcdoPxcYQgAqQqtHxYvYjyPUReSZGr1C-4Wj2hWC0-9FuiYgTI5_fXV7itSM2K634JBuyMztpxqrQWU0

2f0N9opzh2vp5pIqu2QjXoWpPxVfcuKToF1ue3B7MATGB2YSx_jgqGpXLZ9bcdoPxcYQgAqQqtHxYvYjyPUReSZGr1C-4Wj2hWC0-9FuiYgTI5_fXV7itSM2K634JBuyMztpxqrQWU0
What does the statement

BD bisects <ABC​

mean to you?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

I think this is an invalid problem.

It looks, in the diagram, as if angle ABC is a right angle, and also as if triangle BDC is isosceles; but neither of these can be assumed without being told (in words, or by a marking). So the diagram tells us nothing new that we could use to find x and y. So there is no valid answer for (b), and no unique answer for (c).

In particular, I get different answers if I assume either of the two possibilities I mentioned! So no solution completely fits the appearance of the diagram.

So I would answer (a), and then state that there is no second equation to write. Or, I would ask my teacher if I am expected to assume something from the picture.

I think this is an invalid problem.

It looks, in the diagram, as if angle ABC is a right angle, and also as if triangle BDC is isosceles; but neither of these can be assumed without being told (in words, or by a marking). So the diagram tells us nothing new that we could use to find x and y. So there is no valid answer for (b), and no unique answer for (c).

In particular, I get different answers if I assume either of the two possibilities I mentioned! So no solution completely fits the appearance of the diagram.

So I would answer (a), and then state that there is no second equation to write. Or, I would ask my teacher if I am expected to assume something from the picture.
Well, I am glad you posted this because I was racking my brain for 60 year old memories of theorems of plane geometry.

Of course, this may be one of those rare instances where we were not given the complete problem.