I need the answer to the question written out

amyonelove

The area of a triangle is 75 square meters. The altitude of the triangle is 5 meters longer than the base of the triangle. Find the base and the altitude of the triangle.

The area of a triangle is 75 square meters. The altitude of the triangle is 5 meters longer than the base of the triangle. Find the base and the altitude of the triangle.
What is the equation for "area of a triangle" in terms of its base and height?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.​
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:​
Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.​

What is the equation for "area of a triangle" in terms of its base and height?

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.​
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:​
Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.​

I have no idea where to even start to try and solve it I’m stuck right from the beginning and all the information I have to solve it I posted there is no other information.

I have no idea where to even start to try and solve it I’m stuck right from the beginning and all the information I have to solve it I posted there is no other information.
What does your textbook say about "area of a triangle?

If you do not have a text-book that discusses "area of a triangle", then

Do a google search with the following key-words:

"calculate the area of a triangle"​

and tell us what you found.

Ok I’m confused I thought this site was like a tutoring think to help you solve problems. I have already been looking on line for hours and I don’t get it that’s why I’m not asking what I thought was a tutor for help to break down the steps. Are you not able to help me?

Everything online keeps showing me stuff with one side already given but the problem I have had only gave me the area not any sides so that’s why I’m stumped

Once you find the area formula, this will be primarily an algebra problem. You'll be writing an equation that says the area formula gives an area of 75, and solving for a variable, probably representing the length of the base.

Ok I’m confused I thought this site was like a tutoring think to help you solve problems. I have already been looking on line for hours and I don’t get it that’s why I’m not asking what I thought was a tutor for help to break down the steps. Are you not able to help me?
The reason we start by asking questions is to help you learn by doing. Thinking actively works better than just seeing someone else do it all for you. We will be happy to help you with the details, once we know what you are able to do already, so we can build on that. If you have found a formula for the area, then that is something that you know, and just telling us that would give us a place to start.

I have told you a couple of times before I have no idea how to even start doing this problem or find the area. That’s why I was asking if you could write it out for me so I can see how to do it and use it as a reference

You have to be involved in solving this problem. Math is not a spectator sport.

At least draw a triangle and label the base and the height. To help you a little (OK, very little) label the base b and the height h.

Note that the height and altitude of a triangle are the same. Having spent hours searching online you must now know the formula for a triangle.

Can you write an equation involving the height and the base? This is the key part to this problem.

Please post back with your diagram and progress.

Once you find the area formula, this will be primarily an algebra problem. You'll be writing an equation that says the area formula gives an area of 75, and solving for a variable, probably representing the length of the base.
I'll give you another piece of the solution: Since you were told how the altitude can be found if you know that base, I would start by defining a variable:

Altitude = x​

Now write an expression for the altitude, and put both into the formula for area to write the equation you need to solve.

Here is what I intended to say:

I'll give you another piece of the solution: Since you were told how the altitude can be found if you know the base, I would start by defining a variable:

Base = x​

Now write an expression for the altitude in terms of x, and put both into the formula for area to write the equation you need to solve.

You were asked what is the formula for the area of a triangle in post # 2.

You never responded. I found this with a few seconds looking on the web.

Now do you know anything at all about algebra? Do you happen to be studying quadratic equations?

If you would draw a triangle, label the base and altitude of this triangle and post the picture of this triangle you would receive help. We will not do this problem for you. We want to help you do the problem.