I need urgent help for this question, answers and an explanation would be appreicated.

Tren

This is the question.

In this question you will need to provide resolution proofs. Your resolution proof must be presented in the form
of a resolution graph, as show in slides and tutorial explanation. (Interested in checking the first paper/report to
show and propose those graphs as resolution proofs? Check here)
• If you are using the Google Doc template, you can edit the template chart that is there to build your solution.
• If you are using the Latex template you can make a copy and use the following resolution slide template.
You can then download it as an image, and include it in your Latex document.
(a) (10 marks) Consider the following (strangely familiar. . . ?) elementary propositions to talk about some
entity in the domain:
F: “is a frog”
L: “is a lizard”
T: “likes toast”
C: “likes chocolate”
D: “lives in the desert”
S: “sleeps late” (i.e., remain asleep or in bed later than usual in the morning.)
M: “is a morning person” (i.e., wakes up early, without difficulty)
and suppose we know the following information about the domain:
1. Those who sleep late, are not morning people.
2. Nobody in the desert likes chocolate.
3. No-one who gets up early, doesn’t like toast.
4. All lizards live in the desert.
5. No frog doesn’t like chocolate.
6. No other animals, except lizards, like toast.
Prove, by propositional resolution, that if the statements 1-6 above are true, then no frog is a morning
person (or, in other words, if the entity is a frog, it is not a morning person). Your proof should be provided
in the form of a clear resolution graph. To get full marks you should show all your workings in good details
to prove the claim (not just the actual graph!).
(Hint: you have, and can rely, on the implications already in the solutions to Test 1.)

(b) (20 marks) In her first year at RMIT, Jessica is taking exactly three courses: Discrete Structures (DS), User-
centric Design (UCD), and Programming Techniques (PT). She already received credit for Introduction to

Computer Systems (ICS) from her previous studies. Jessica told me that she likes at least one of the courses
she is currently taking at RMIT, and that if she likes DS but not UCD, then she likes PT. She also told me
that either she likes UCD and PT, or she does not like either of those two subjects, and that if she likes UCD
she loves DS as well.
Let Q be the proposition:

Jessica likes all three courses she is taking.

Prove Q using proof by resolution to the empty clause and in the form of clear resolution graph. Show
your workings to prove the claim in adequate and sufficient details.
(You must use propositional atoms D, U, P and I to denote that Jessica likes each of the courses DS, UCD,
PT and ICS, respectively.)

This is the question.
No, that's an assignment for you to do. We're not going to write a document for you.

What you need to do is to ask us questions about it, so we can help you do the work yourself:

So, where do you need help? Have you at least tried writing the propositions to be proved, symbolically? Can you show an attempt to prove one of them, so we can see what style of proof you are expected to use?