I want to know the revenue for various revenue categories by giving in a total number of available labor hours

peterzwart

Hi All,

Presently, I am engaged in conducting a financial assessment for a company. I have encountered a mathematical challenge that is proving to be quite perplexing. However, I am confident that there is a single solution for these equations.

I will try to be more specific: I want to know the revenue for various revenue categories (e.g. from projects, products, trade, etc.) by giving in a total number of available labor hours. Additionally, I give in the revenue distribution among the revenue categories, the material percentage (as percentage of the cost price, and the gross margin.

Please find a screenshot below:
1695290235069.png

What I would like to have is the formulas that automatically calculate the number of hours for each category. The Excel sheet can be found here: Online excel sheet These formulas should respect the total number of available hours and the revenue distribution. Also, all other orange cells are input values that I would like to vary.

Is there anyone that can resolve this challenging problem?

Please let me know if any additional clarifications are required.

Thank you in advance,
Kind regards,
Peter

How are you getting the hours in red? I don't see a formula.
That's the question: I am looking for a formula for these cells. Now I arrive at these numbers by means of using the excel solver. However, I think it should be possible to solve this with a equation.

Now I arrive at these numbers by means of using the excel solver.
Which "excel solver" ? You previous post refers to Google Sheets, not MS Excel. Can you describe more specifically which "solver" you used and how?
Thanks.

That's the question: I am looking for a formula for these cells. Now I arrive at these numbers by means of using the excel solver. However, I think it should be possible to solve this with a equation.
Before we can help you come up with an equation, we need to know how you think the hours should be allocated to each project.