I want to post using math symbols..what program?

mathmarauder

I have seen many people respond to math questions with actual math symbols such as the PI symbol,
or that thing that looks like a zero but has the line through it, or actual fractions instead of using the / symbol.
I would like to be able to do this as well. What free program can I find that will allow me to use those characters.
I think it would make asking and responding to questions much more clear.
Thank you for the help

To learn how to use LaTeX encoding, you can follow the appropriate links in the "Forum Help" pull-down menu at the very top of every forum page, study some of the many articles available elsewhere online, or try using the TeXaide editor.

Otherwise, just use the plain-text formatting explained in the two links you saw in the "Read Before Posting" thread for each forum.

Eliz.

Hi MM:

Another alternative for some situations:

I use PCs running Windows. I installed a True-Type mathematical-symbols font (downloaded from Texas Instruments). The Windows Character Map allows me to paste in symbols, such as the following examples, for basic in-line expressions. There may be even more symbols available; I have not experimented much at this web site.

Cheers,

~ Mark :)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ø ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? • ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?