i'm confused with this problem.. please help! .. Thanks a lot..

Hi. You ask for help yet you show none of your work. Do you want someone here to solve the problem for you? You do realize that getting help and someone solving the problem for you are not the same.

I suspect that you did not read the posting guideline for this forum. Please read them and reply following those guidelines. For the record if you followed the posting guidelines from the start you would have received help by now.

i'm confused with this problem.. please help! .. Thanks a lot..
So am I. I suspect it would make more sense if we saw the earlier parts.

If they want d to be less than 8 when h is 0, you can write an equation or inequality relating the three coefficients and just choose values that work. It seems to me that the constant term should not be changed, since that indicates how high the fountain base is. And the leading coefficient has to be negative, based on what we know about gravity.

But if you show the first part of the problem and your work based on your knowledge of that context, and if you are able to try out numbers and see if they are acceptable, then we may be able to figure out what they want.

I thought that they just want a h(d) such that h=0 when d<8
The real question is whether or not the water is allowed to land in the fountain itself or it must land in the basin. Since they did not give us the radius of the fountain that is a problem and you should make sure that the water goes close to 8 ft (say 7.5 ft) to be sure that it lands in the basin.