I'm looking for simple math games for my son. He is 6 years old.

MadDay

Hi! I'm looking for simple math games for my son. He is 6 years old. I found this game, but he was frustrated after a few minutes. :D

Subhotosh Khan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why is he getting frustrated?

Is it too easy for him - or too hard?

MadDay

too hard.

Otis

Well, some of those questions involve doing arithmetic with negative numbers. Most 6-yr-olds haven't yet learned about the set of Integers (i.e., signed numbers).

What would you like your son to practice (eg: addition, subtraction, multiplication table)?

😎

Harry_the_cat

Yahtzee, Connect-4, Tangrams, Uno and other card games. I think the real physical versions of these games are better than computer simulations.

apple2357

Have you looked at the primary maths game called Sumaze? try googling it. I used the app with my son ( albeit a bit older) but he might enjoy it.

RichardLissaman

There is now a version of Sumaze specifically aimed at 4 - 7 year olds, called Sumaze Primary.

It assumes basic counting (to about 20) and develops that into subtraction, looking at odds/evens, doubling/halving and then some number patterns and number bonds. You can find more details of it here, it's free on IoS and Android at the moment: https://sumaze.co.uk/

I should declare an interest - I work for Mathematics in Education and Industry which is a not-for-profit organisation supporting maths education.