Increasing statistic question

Hello,

The exercise I need help with is a word problem.

If someone rolls a six sided dice six times and does not roll a repeated number(the same number twice), what is the statistical probably of achieving this as a numerical variable.

I know that picking three numbers from one to ten and matching them randomly to another set is in the 1:300s and this problems answer is above 1:100s, so we’re working in the 200s exclusively. I’m just caught up on adjusting for variable change.

Any help?

Hello,

If someone rolls a six sided dice six times and does not roll a repeated number(the same number twice), what is the statistical probably of achieving this as a numerical variable.

I know that picking three numbers from one to ten and matching them randomly to another set is in the 1:300s and this problems answer is above 1:100s, so we’re working in the 200s exclusively. I’m just caught up on adjusting for variable change.

Any help?
How many ways can you roll a six sided die - 6 times - without any restriction (that is repeated numbers allowed)?

If someone rolls a six sided die six times and does not roll a repeated number(the same number twice), what is the statistical probably of achieving this as a numerical variable..
If one tosses a die six time there are [imath]6^6=46656[/imath] possible outcomes.
The string [imath]123456[/imath] can be arranged in [imath]6!=720[/imath] ways.
So what answers your question?
Please post the answer.

[imath][/imath][imath][/imath][imath][/imath]

Last edited by a moderator:

Please tell us something about what you have learned about probability. Is this for a class, or something else? Do you want to learn how to do such a calculation, or is there some other reason for asking?

In particular, how do you "know" the facts you say you know? They are not expressed the way I expect probabilities to be stated. And how are you using the word "variable"?

All of this will help us see what sort of help you need.

If you have three bananas and you give one away, you have one banana.

That is all I know about probability.
So, you're implying that you aren't studying probability, even though you called this an "exercise". Can you tell us why you are asking, if you don't even know the meaning of the concept?

In part, I want to know the context in order to decide whether just telling you the answer would be appropriate, or you need to learn how to do it. Please keep in mind that the goal of this site is to help students learn, which means we usually don't just give answers:

Reactions: pka