Inequality question

@Jomo said it is cost per person. You are implying that it is per person. i‘m confused.
No, you said that p represented 'per person'. It is your variable and if you want p to represent per person that is fine with me. However if it is not a clear definition then I will push you to define it better. Eventually you said that p represents cost per person to attend the celebration. Now that is a clear definition. Now you need to write up an inequality using this definition of p. I am just concerned that you also stated that p represents how many people attend the celebration. This too is a well defined definition for p. The problem is that you can't have two definitions for p.

Before I will (can) help you any further you have to have a clear definition. So please define p in a clear way.

The problem clearly states in the last sentence that the p variable represents the number of people. The cost per person is (750+2.25p)/p

No, you said that p represented 'per person'. It is your variable and if you want p to represent per person that is fine with me. However if it is not a clear definition then I will push you to define it better. Eventually you said that p represents cost per person to attend the celebration. Now that is a clear definition. Now you need to write up an inequality using this definition of p. I am just concerned that you also stated that p represents how many people attend the celebration. This too is a well defined definition for p. The problem is that you can't have two definitions for p.

Before I will (can) help you any further you have to have a clear definition. So please define p in a clear way.
Okay, I’ll rephrase for the one I want to use that conforms best to the question:
p=how many people attend the celebration.

OK, fine. p = how many people attend the celebration. We will use that definition from here on unless you decide to change it. Now can you come with an equality for the problem.

OK, fine. p = how many people attend the celebration. We will use that definition from here on unless you decide to change it. Now can you come with an equality for the problem.

Attachments

• DF2D2DE0-485D-4149-820D-333EE97DDAA2.jpeg
    DF2D2DE0-485D-4149-820D-333EE97DDAA2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • 3AD9F757-5CB8-4863-99CF-57FF5D276157.jpeg
    3AD9F757-5CB8-4863-99CF-57FF5D276157.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Yes, I do. It was also solved by you using my method. I am wondering why you do not therefore know the definition of p.
I was not referencing the question at first, which was my mistake. After consulting the image, I saw that it was for the amount of people, not the cost amount

How so? if I solve it as equations should, I get 750 is greater than or equal to p

You all do realize the question was already solved by @JeffM , right?
I do. However, the goal is not to get the problem solved, the goal is for you to solve it yourself with some hints or at least understand someone else's solution. Your recent posts indicate that you do not understand what's going on here at all.

I do. However, the goal is not to get the problem solved, the goal is for you to solve it yourself with some hints or at least understand someone else's solution. Your recent posts indicate that you do not understand what's going on here at all.
I understand.
I apologize, that image is perfect.
Okay, no worries.

thank you everyone for the help :)