Inferences from Two Samples and Testing Claims

Eliza_Gold

Hello,
Below is the question. I already determined the hypothesis and got that right, but now it is asking me to "identify the test statistic" I followed the steps to find the test statistic. I used the standard error formula and then the Z-test formula for two samples but it says my answer is wrong. Maybe I should have used t-test instead? I would love some help understanding what I did wrong. I also don't know if all of my work is necessary to get to the test statistic or if I did extra work.

To clear up p-hat p and p-hat t (sorry, this is my first time using this forum and I do not know how to add math symbols)., those are representative of p1 and p2 in the formula. I just labeled them like this so that I would not get confused when putting them in my formula. IMG-2990.jpg is my work for this problem and IMG-2991 & 2992 are formulas that may help you and an example problem the teacher did with us as a class. I appreciate any help you can give me!!Screenshot (58).pngIMG-2990.jpgIMG-2991.jpgIMG-2992.jpg