INPUT-OUTPUT TABLE, FUNTIONS, DOMAIN, RANGE

ellkennew

PLEASE HELP ANSWER AND EXPLAIN

THE PROBLEM STATES
DOES THE INPUT-OUTPUT TABLE REPRESENT A FUNCTION? IF IT DOES, LIST THE DAOMAIN AND RANGE. IF IT DOES NOT REPRESENT A FUNCTION, EXPLAIN WHY.

INPUT 2 3 2 5
OUTPUT 7 10 13 16

(I AM SORRY BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO INSERT THE TABLE ANY OTHER WAY)

ellkennew said:
PLEASE HELP ANSWER AND EXPLAIN: DOES THE INPUT-OUTPUT TABLE REPRESENT A FUNCTION?
What are the properties of a function?

or

What is the definition of a function?

ellkennew said:
(I AM SORRY BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO INSERT THE TABLE ANY OTHER WAY)
One method would be to format using the "Code" tags, as explained in the link directly to the left of the box when entering your post:
Code:
INPUT             2     3     2    5
OUTPUT            7     10    13   16

ellkennew said:
NO OTHER INFORMATION WAS GIVEN. THIS IS THE ENTIRE PROBLEM

I want you to dust-off your text book and try to figure those.

ellkennew said:
NO OTHER INFORMATION WAS GIVEN. THIS IS THE ENTIRE PROBLEM
1) Please do not use ALL CAPS, since SHOUTING at people generally tends to drive them away. Thank you for your consideration.

2) I'm sorry to hear that your class and textbook and previous courses have not covered the concept of "function" yet. Unfortunately, we cannot provide the requested instruction, so please consider using online resources instead.

. . . . .Google results for "functions relations"

. . . . .Google results for "function notation"

. . . . .Google results for "domain range"

And, for some of your other posts:

. . . . .Google results for "midpoint formula"

. . . . .Google results for "distance formula"

. . . . .Google results for "slope"

. . . . .Google results for "x y plane"

These should be sufficient to get you caught up to your current course material. Please allow yourself a few hours (over two or three days, would be best) to absorb this material. :shock:

Once you have learned the basic terms and techniques, please attempt your various posted exercises. If you get stuck, you will then be able to reply with your work and reasoning, and will then be in a position to understand any hints or advice you are given. :idea:

Thank you! :D

Eliz.

Thanks for the sites. They should be helpful. I am getting some text rewources from a friend. I don't have any textbooks yet, school has not started for me yet. I have tried quite a few other sites, but it was not easy getting the information for this topic.
Thanks again.