Inverse square law

ddj

The fundamental cause for the inverse square law can be understood as geometric dilution corresponding to point-source radiation into three-dimensional space. But what if each individual point in that space had to be taken into account?

The fundamental cause for the inverse square law can be understood as geometric dilution corresponding to point-source radiation into three-dimensional space. But what if each individual point in that space had to be taken into account?
Are you suggesting that instead of a point source - now you have a conglomeration of sources?

Please provide concrete example.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but it sounds like Huygens Principle. Several sources cause interference patterns and you would have to look at each point to the right of the screen.

-Dan

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but it sounds like Huygens Principle. Several sources cause interference patterns and you would have to look at each point to the right of the screen.

-Dan
Subhotosh Khan and Topquarks:
Thank you for your interest. I must admit that the OP was quite vague. I have formulated a radically new theory of physics and have published my papers on Academia under the title of the electromagnetic Universe. It was one of the most popular papers at the site for a few weeks. I am keen to establish a proper mathematical foundation for the theory. It approaches physics from a completely new angle. It dusts off Centuries old ideas on electricity and magnetism and puts forward a new theory that electricity and magnetism are simply a manifestation of the dipole virtual photon Aether that permeates the entire Universe and of the structure of the photon itself. I would greatly appreciate your giving at least a cursory look at the theory before commenting on it. The maths formula I am working on is based on a plane wave theory rather than on a quantum field type of theory which is based on multiple dimensions and imaginary numbers. It would include the lagrangian but more to illustrate certain aspects of the propagation of electromagnetic radiation rather than as a description of the field. Here is the link to my paper: https://www.academia.edu/37258409/The_Electromagnetic_Universe.docx