Is my flatmate insane, or am I?

starlo

Hi guys, I just need to know I haven't completely gone off the deep end here. It's about the amount of rent my flatmate and I share, here's the deal.

The total rent is 570$ per fortnight.
I pay 360$ per fortnight.
That means the other guy pays 210$ per fortnight.
This means, also, that I pay an extra 150$ per fortnight--correct?
This also means I pay an extra 75$ per week extra--also correct?

He's telling me I only pay an extra 40$...I have no idea how this is possible. It isn't. I just need to check I havent gone insane.

Thankyou all!

s

This is breaking my head.

Ok, so following on from my earlier post:

Total rent is 570$ per fortnight. I pay an extra 40$ per week making a total of $180 per week.
This adds up to 360$ per fortnight.

However, when I do it this way:

570$-360=210$. So the difference between $360 and 210$ is 150$. 150$ divided by two is 75$ per week.

So worked this way, I pay an extra 75$ per week.

What does it all mean, people?!!

What the ****? Which am I to believe??

Hi guys, I just need to know I haven't completely gone off the deep end here. It's about the amount of rent my flatmate and I share, here's the deal.

The total rent is 570$ per fortnight.
I pay 360$ per fortnight.
That means the other guy pays 210$ per fortnight.
This means, also, that I pay an extra 150$ per fortnight--correct?
This also means I pay an extra 75$ per week extra--also correct?

He's telling me I only pay an extra 40$...I have no idea how this is possible. It isn't. I just need to check I havent gone insane.

Thankyou all!

s

Both of you are correct! It is the difference in the base-value from which are computing "extra"!

From you flat-mate's perspective - you should have paid $285 per fortnight (for even-steven). Now you are paying $360 - only $ 75 extra per fortnight.