Is there something wrong with the topic or is it me?

Lylypop

Hi, Can someone please verify that if my understanding is right or wrong or is it the topic is not clear. I find this simple multiplication is not clear and confused. The topic stated that a stadium has SECTIONS that made up 15 rows and it's 12 seats in each row. Which to me that the stadium has a few to many sections, and all of the sections add up to the total of 15 rows which made that the stadium has total of 15 rows. They did not say that 1 section has 15 rows.
The question is how many seats is in section 120?
*To me, it's asking for the seats in only section 120. didn't stated a stadium has how many sections. All sections made up to 15 rows, so doesnt matter how many sections it is, a stadium still has 15 rows of 12 seats each row. That's 300 seats total in the stadium. Assume that it has 120 sections, then i'll take 300 seats ÷ 120 sections = 2.5 seats a section. The answer is wrong for the multiple choices answer of 35, 2400, 2800, 300.
So, if they means to ask for the seats from section 1 to section 120 then it will be 300 seats. Then the question is written wrong.
The topic did not say clearly that a stadium has SECTIONS and each section has 15 rows with 12 seats in each row. But if it is so, then section 120 is 300 seats. so, the question is not clear. Please see the attachment. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20201211_200521.jpg
    20201211_200521.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Hi, Can someone please verify that if my understanding is right or wrong or is it the topic is not clear. I find this simple multiplication is not clear and confused. The topic stated that a stadium has SECTIONS that made up 15 rows and it's 12 seats in each row. Which to me that the stadium has a few to many sections, and all of the sections add up to the total of 15 rows which made that the stadium has total of 15 rows. They did not say that 1 section has 15 rows.
The question is how many seats is in section 120?
*To me, it's asking for the seats in only section 120. didn't stated a stadium has how many sections. All sections made up to 15 rows, so doesnt matter how many sections it is, a stadium still has 15 rows of 12 seats each row. That's 300 seats total in the stadium. Assume that it has 120 sections, then i'll take 300 seats ÷ 120 sections = 2.5 seats a section. The answer is wrong for the multiple choices answer of 35, 2400, 2800, 300.
So, if they means to ask for the seats from section 1 to section 120 then it will be 300 seats. Then the question is written wrong.
The topic did not say clearly that a stadium has SECTIONS and each section has 15 rows with 12 seats in each row. But if it is so, then section 120 is 300 seats. so, the question is not clear. Please see the attachment. Thank you.
There is no 12 in the problem! You meant 20, right?

The number 120 is there only to distract you (as in the real world); it's just the name of a particular section, not the number of sections or anything else.

It says each section consists of 15 rows of 20 seats, so you just multiply. Yes, the answer is 300.

I suspect your main difficulty is in reading English, and avoiding distraction.

"A stadium has SECTIONS that made up 15 rows and it's 12 seats in each row".

You have quoted this incorrectly! It says "A stadium has sections made up of 15 row and 20 seats in each row".

The word "of" is important! It does not say that all of the sections have 15 rows altogether. It says that each section has 15 rows. With each section having 15 rows and each row having 20 (not 12) seats, there are 15(20)= 300 seats in each section. How many seats there are in the stadium depends upon how many sections there are in the stadium