K and L working on dividing 1-digit naturals; K says answer is 3, L says 13, Dad says 0. Who is right?

Faye

The question is: Kristine and Lisa are working on their math HW Which involves dividing one digit natural numbers (the positive integers 1,2,3...). They disagree on one problem. Kristine says the answer is three, Lisa says the answer is 13 and their dad volunteers an answer of zero. Who is correct assuming one person has the correct answer?
EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWER.

(If anyone could explain this, I did so well on this Unit and this has me stumped)

As I read it, you have to decide which of the numbers 3, 13, and 0, can be obtained by dividing one of the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 by another of those numbers. Only one of them is possible. Which is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t know if it was a trick question (we're working on inequalities and triangles)...lol, I would say 3 because 9divided by 3 is 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that any non-zero number divided by a number (which must be non-zero) is always non-zero. Also a number less than 10 divided by 1 or more cannot be larger than 10.