Knot Theory

I'm waiting for Mr. Topologist to go deep into knot theory. Great to know that he has extensive math knowledge. I may need help with my self-study of Precalculus every now and then. You know, give MarkFL a little break??? So, Mr. Knot Theory, can you help me with graphing techniques aka transformation of graphs? Look over here=======> JUST KIDDING....
This is just ridiculous. I would normally make my response to this via PM for privacy but I'm not certain of who you want your PMs to be sent from any more.

I don't mean to be insulting but, dude, you have asked any number of questions about topics you are out of your depth with. I don't know how much knot theory the OP knows, but it is a big topic in Topology so the OP is not asking a question on a trivial topic. It looks to me like the OP is just in the beggining stages of it and doesn't know much of it yet. So he asked the questions and we are here to help. Why is this an issue for him when he asks a question but it's okay for you?

Unless you can contribute something positive to add to the discussion please leave it to someone else to help. Flaming never helps.

-Dan

Last edited:
This is just ridiculous. I would normally make my response to this via PM for privacy but I'm not certain of who you want your PMs to be sent from any more.

I don't mean to be insulting but, dude, you have asked any number of questions about topics you are out of your depth with. I don't know how much knot theory the OP knows, but it is a big topic in Topology so the OP is not asking a question on a trivial topic. It looks to me like the OP is just in the beggining stages of it and doesn't know much of it yet. So he asked the questions and we are here to help. Why is this an issue for him when he asks a question but it's okay for you?

Unless you can contribute something positive to add to the discussion please leave it to someone else to help. Flaming never helps.

-Dan

So glad he knows topology. I need help with precalculus. I'm certain he's the right man. No pun intended.

Has anyone here had experience with Knot Theory? If so, try to unknot some of these (try not to look at the solutions):

View attachment 15425

Your knowledge of math is impressive. I will text you some precalculus problems that I am struggling with. It is a good idea to get help from several math experts.

Your knowledge of math is impressive. I will text you some precalculus problems that I am struggling with. It is a good idea to get help from several math experts.
My last comment: What you say about talking about precalculus here would be fine if you were the one that originally posted and the conversation became off-topic. But this isn't your thread! If you have a pre-Calculus question then make a new thread.

@firemath: Speaking of off-topic, have your questions been answered? We really went off the rails in this thread.

-Dan

Yes, @topsquark, my question was answered. Thank you for all the answers, everybody.

@harpazo, I am truly sorry if I offended you in any way. Thank you for taking the time to comment on the thread!

You did not offend me. Good to know that you are a member here to clarify math for me, especially word problems when I begin to post questions. I want to read your reply to my questions. Questions range from middle school through high school.