LaTeX Is Ready To Go!

Ted

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure some of you guys will be very excited to hear that you can now use LaTeX code on your posts here. Just use TeX tags to enter your LaTeX code and the server will automatically replace it with an image containing your formula when you post your message.

Now - it's not the best solution because of certain server issues I have right now. The program doesn't use the standard LaTeX package so I think the images may look a little different, but most of the basic functionality should still be there.

I'll try to come up with some basic tutorials to post in the future as examples. For now just click the TeX button at the top of the posting window or type [ tex ] x^2 [ /teX ] (without the spaces) when you want to see \(\displaystyle x^2\).

Enjoy!

Ted

\(\displaystyle \int_{0}^{2}{\sqrt{x}}\,dx\)

It's not pretty, but it's a start. :D :D :D

yeah I know it's not the best looking font ever but the server I'm on doesn't have the actual LaTeX packages installed so I had to use a workaround. Hopefully I can get the host to install LaTeX or I'll keep this in mind if I ever decide to move the site.

Ted said:
...I had to use a workaround.
Thank you for investing the effort, and for making it easier to provide very nice formatting. :mrgreen:

Eliz.

\(\displaystyle
\sum\limits_{n = 0}^\infty {x^n } = \frac{1}{{1 - x}}
\)
It looks great to me: thanks Ted
BTW: I used MathType to do that

Last edited by a moderator:
Click quote to check this out:

\(\displaystyle -3(4x - 9)^2 + 5 = -3\)

Unco said:
Click quote to check this out:
\(\displaystyle -3(4x-9)^2+5\)
Note the effect of a space after ] Gene
\(\displaystyle -3(4x - 9)^2 + 5 = -3\)

I've had the same problem for some time now.
That \(\displaystyle f(x) = x^2\) appears no matter what I type.
I was able to retype the line to get rid of it,
but lately, it hasn't worked and I've had to abandon my message.

It also occurs at another site, MMB, but no one does anything about it

still not sure about latex

how do i use latex for equations? dont see button, do i need do download something? thanks

how do i use latex for equations? dont see button, do i need do download something? thanks
No, all you need to do is to put \(\displaystyle \text{\(\displaystyle }\) in front of your LaTeX code and put \(\displaystyle \text{\)}\) after your LaTeX code.