law sin/cos #3

G

a used car lot has a large baloon tied down to stakes 1500 feet apart. the angle of elevation from the stake at the west end of the lot is 50 degrees. and the angle of elevation from the stake at the east end of the lot is 72 degrees. what is the altitude of the balloon?

the awnser i got was 1288.64 feet....if you have the time please check :)

It sure would help if you would show your work. How does anyone know you didn't just copy that answer from the back of the book? What do you think? Is it correct?

if i copied out of the back of the book i wouldnt bother to have anyone check it....but i can kinda see why you might wonder...
so heres my work....
(1500/sin58)(sin72)=1682.2
so...
(1682.2/sin90)(sin50)=1288.64

Let's see how clear this is.

You didn't say where 58º came from.
You didn't say you were using the Law of Sines.
You created no drawing or diagram to reference what you were doing.

Other than that, the numbers look good. I did it a different way.

i came here to get help....i help other people to the best i can to try and "give back" i don't see why you have to give everyone such a hard time about things....at least they are here making the effort to learn

My goal is to encourage you to learn. Memorizing how to manipulate little symbols just isn't what it's all about. Did you come here for pats on the back of for the truth? Let's get over the attitude difficulties and learn some mathematics.