Learning Calculus and Real Analysis together

IDontEvenHaveABrain

So, I am doing some self teaching in mathematics as a hobby in the recent time and I really enjoy it. I am working through a set theory book, also some linear algebra, number theory and calculus. I have fun with calculus, but the books I have only explain the intuition, proofs and concepts are not the focus. I get why this is a good thing, when you want to use calculus as a tool. But to be honest, I don't even need calculus for my work and I am interested in both aspects (proofs and applications) the same. So I was thinking, maybe I could just work through the real analysis book and the calculus book together. I would do one chapter and work through the corresponding chapter (if there is one) in the other book at the same time. I think my level of understanding calculus is somewhere at calculus 2. Is this something that could work?

I get a little bored, with just memorizing and working through tons of examples. Though I think with a little variety, like some rigorous proofs, this could be pretty fun.
I found some topics online, but I only found examples where the user was asking about skipping calculus and going straight to real analysis. I think my question is not the same.

Have a nice day.