Limit Help

arianizadi

I can't seem to find anything online about this or maybe I am not searching for it correctly but here it is...

If the Lim as x approaches 2 of (f(x) - 2) / (x - 3) = 2 then what is the Lim as x approaches 2 of f(x)?

I can't seem to find anything online about this or maybe I am not searching for it correctly but here it is...

If the Lim as x approaches 2 of (f(x) - 2) / (x - 3) = 2 then what is the Lim as x approaches 2 of f(x)?
Please follow the rules of posting at this forum, enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/

Please share your work/thoughts and context of the problem (what is the subject topic?) - so that we know where to begin to help you.

Just plug in 2 for x and then solve for f(2). That value will be your limit. Now show us your work.

I can't seem to find anything online about this or maybe I am not searching for it correctly but here it is... If the Lim as x approaches 2 of (f(x) - 2) / (x - 3) = 2 then what is the Lim as x approaches 2 of f(x)?
Suppose that \(\displaystyle \mathop {\lim }\limits_{x \to 2} f(x) = L\)

\(\displaystyle \begin{gathered}
\mathop {\lim }\limits_{x \to 2} \frac{{(f(x) - 2)}}{{(x - 3)}} = \frac{{L - 2}}{{ - 1}} = 2 \hfill \\
\Rightarrow L = 0 \hfill \\ \end{gathered} \)
Please note that we do not know that \(\displaystyle \bf f(2)=L\), but by the given we know that the limit exists.