limit

Since the denominator goes to 0 as x goes to 0 AND the fact that the limit is a finite number, then the numerator must also go to 0 as x goes to 0. What does that tell you about what b MUST equal?

Since the denominator goes to 0 as x goes to 0 AND the fact that the limit is a finite number, then the numerator must also go to 0 as x goes to 0. What does that tell you about what b MUST equal?
1601132651377.png

I do not think that the student should use L'Hopital's rule, as she did not learn it in her course yet.

Your numerator is (ax+8)1/3-2. Now if you cube each term you would get (ax+8) - 8 = ax. Now the x in ax will cancel with the x in the denominator.

But how do you get to cube both terms? Use the fact that (y-z)(y2+yz+ z2) = y3 - z3.

Now your numerator is in the form (y-z), so just multiply the numerator and denominator by (y2+yz+ z2)

I do not think that the student should use L'Hopital's rule, as she did not learn it in her course yet.

Your numerator is (ax+8)1/3-2. Now if you cube each term you would get (ax+8) - 8 = ax. Now the x in ax will cancel with the x in the denominator.

But how do you get to cube both terms? Use the fact that (y-z)(y2+yz+ z2) = y3 - z3.

Now your numerator is in the form (y-z), so just multiply the numerator and denominator by (y2+yz+ z2)
I am not student. Is my answer not correct?
I sent that previous post. Pleas see that. Thanks