Limit

[math]\lim_{x \to 1}\exp\left\{\cot(\pi x)\log(\sin(\pi x)+1)\right\}=\\ \lim_{x \to 1}\exp\left\{\frac{\cos(\pi x)}{\sin(\pi x)}\log(\sin(\pi x)+1)\right\}=\\ \underbrace{\lim_{x \to 1}\exp\{\cos(\pi x)\}}_{\text{direct sub}}\cdot \underbrace{ \lim_{x \to 1}\exp\left\{\frac{\log(\sin(\pi x)+1)}{\sin(\pi x)}\right\}}_{\text{L'Hopital}}[/math]

Let [imath]\displaystyle y = \lim_{x \to 1} [1+\sin(\pi x)]^{\cot(\pi x)}[/imath]

[imath]\displaystyle \ln{y} = \lim_{x \to 1} \ln\bigg([1+\sin(\pi x)]^{\cot(\pi x)} \bigg)[/imath]

[imath]\displaystyle \ln{y} = \lim_{x \to 1} \dfrac{\ln[1+\sin(\pi x)]}{\tan(\pi x)}[/imath]

now try applying L'Hopital

[math]\lim_{x \to 1}\exp\left\{\cot(\pi x)\log(\sin(\pi x)+1)\right\}=\\ \lim_{x \to 1}\exp\left\{\frac{\cos(\pi x)}{\sin(\pi x)}\log(\sin(\pi x)+1)\right\}=\\ \underbrace{\lim_{x \to 1}\exp\{\cos(\pi x)\}}_{\text{direct sub}}\cdot \underbrace{ \lim_{x \to 1}\exp\left\{\frac{\log(\sin(\pi x)+1)}{\sin(\pi x)}\right\}}_{\text{L'Hopital}}[/math]
I am confused about direct sub. How did you get that.

Let [imath]\displaystyle y = \lim_{x \to 1} [1+\sin(\pi x)]^{\cot(\pi x)}[/imath]

[imath]\displaystyle \ln{y} = \lim_{x \to 1} \ln\bigg([1+\sin(\pi x)]^{\cot(\pi x)} \bigg)[/imath]

[imath]\displaystyle \ln{y} = \lim_{x \to 1} \dfrac{\ln[1+\sin(\pi x)]}{\tan(\pi x)}[/imath]

now try applying L'Hopital
I don't understand how you got the third row.

I don't understand how you got the third row.
[imath]\displaystyle \ln{y} = \lim_{x \to 1} \ln[1 + \sin(\pi x)]^{\cot(\pi x)}[/imath]

[imath]\displaystyle \ln{y} = \lim_{x \to 1} \cot(\pi x) \cdot \ln[1 + \sin(\pi x)][/imath]

[imath]\displaystyle \ln{y} = \lim_{x \to 1} \dfrac{1}{\tan(\pi x)} \cdot \ln[1 + \sin(\pi x)][/imath]

[imath]\displaystyle \ln{y} = \lim_{x \to 1} \ln[1 + \sin(\pi x)]^{\cot(\pi x)}[/imath]

[imath]\displaystyle \ln{y} = \lim_{x \to 1} \cot(\pi x) \cdot \ln[1 + \sin(\pi x)][/imath]

[imath]\displaystyle \ln{y} = \lim_{x \to 1} \dfrac{1}{\tan(\pi x)} \cdot \ln[1 + \sin(\pi x)][/imath]

How did you get lny?