Linear multivariable model

adrianjolpara

Hi
im kind of stuck on this question for my homework

If we are carrying out an experiment and y1 is results for run 1, y2 for run 2...etc

y1 = b1 + c1+ d1
y2 = b2 + c2 + d2
y10= b10 + c10+ d10

What does it mean by expressing this in a linear model y=Xa, if a= (b1, b2, ...b10, c1.., d etc)?

Hi

If we are carrying out an experiment and y1 is results for run 1, y2 for run 2...etc

y1 = b1 + c1+ d1
y2 = b2 + c2 + d2
y10= b10 + c10+ d10

What does it mean by expressing this in a linear model y=Xa, if a= (b1, b2, ...b10, c1.., d etc)?
Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

READ BEFORE POSTING

Hi

y1 = b1 + c1+ d1
y2 = b2 + c2 + d2
y10= b10 + c10+ d10

Can you show us how your textbook or instructor defines "linear model", and what your a's, b's, etc mean in the context?

It appears that you are doing linear algebra, so that a is a vector, but I would expect it to be just a vector of variables, [MATH]\begin{bmatrix}b\\ c\\ d\end{bmatrix}[/MATH], not all the specific values in one array. But I may be misinterpreting what you have said, lacking context.

Hi

y1 = b1 + c1+ d1
y2 = b2 + c2 + d2
y10= b10 + c10+ d10

Please post the EXACT problem as it was presented to you. Seems to me that you are trying to conduct an ANOVA analysis. If you are say so and tell us the exact problem.