Logarithmic equation y=3 log x-2: convert to exponential?

jshaziza

y=3 log x-2
How would I convert this equation into an exponential equation?
Thx for any help.

Re: Logarithmic equation

jshaziza said:
How? The way you were taught in class.

Re: Logarithmic equation y=3 log x-2: convert to exponential

jshaziza said:
y=3 log x-2

Is it y = 3 log(x-2)

or

y = 3 log(x) - 2

Thx for any help.

jshaziza said:
We can't know the exact formatting of how this was explained in class and in your textbook, but you should use the formula provided, which would have been something along the lines of the following:

. . . . ."y = b<sup>x</sup>" means "x = log<sub>b</sub>(y)"

Hope that helps! :D

Eliz.

It is exactly as wrote it down:
y=3 log x-2
Now one thing I should have mentioned was that I have to graph this, and my book told me to change it into exponential form, at least that was for the first problem I had to solve which was:
y=log(6)X I changed this to x=6^y. By the way (6) is my way of saying log and than base 6.
And by the way I am homeschooled and have to basically teach myself from examples from my book, which don't always give enough information to solve more complex problems. I am under a Correspondance school in Alaska, but I can't allways visit my correspondance teacher, so please bear with me.

Re: Logarithmic equation y=3 log x-2: convert to exponential

jshaziza said:
y=3 log x-2
Thx for any help.

If it is

y = 3log(x) - 2, then,

y +2 = 3 log(x)

(y+2)/3 = log(x)

x = e^{(y+2)/3}

x = e^(2/3) * e^(y/3)

If it is

y = 3log(x - 2), then,

(y)/3 = log(x - 2)

x - 2 = e^{y/3}

x = e^(y/3) + 2

By the way, these are very important stuff - it is not advisable to fly solo at this stage. Please seek help of a competent tutor for face-to-face lessons.

Thx, for your help. And I am trying to get a tutor. Especially since I am doing Calculas this year. But so far I am doing pretty good and I understand most of the problems they give me. But you guys are also tutors in a way and so I appreciate your help.