Logarithmic scoring - Arithmetic help!

Jennyvazquez

There’s a test with a score ranging from a 0-164 through a logarithmic score. It has 650 questions. How many questions would I have to get right in order to get a score of 130?

Please tell us what definition you have been given for "logarithmic score". I'm not sure that the definitions I find with a search match your usage.

While you're at it, please show how you would apply that definition to your problem, even if you are sure you're wrong.

Logarithmic as in each question answered correctly, the following question is harder. I don’t know, I reckon mentioning that it is graded on a logarithmic scale is not useful to answer the question.

Please tell us everything you know about this test. Since "logarithmic scoring" doesn't seem to be defined, at this point we know nothing about how it is scored.

It sounds like you may be talking about an adaptive test, which effectively skips over questions you are expected to get right, in order to more quickly get to the questions that will narrow down your ability. As a result, the number of questions you get correct is unrelated to your score. Rather, it depends on which questions you answer.