Logs

Krzys

Hi, I was practicing logs and I found this practice question. I tried to solve it in many different ways (like finding new base for this log) but none of them seemed to work for me. Please help

Attachments

• IMG_20221003_062116.jpg
    IMG_20221003_062116.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Hi, I was practicing logs and I found this practice question. I tried to solve it in many different ways (like finding new base for this log) but none of them seemed to work for me. Please help
I can't read it either, but I have a question: What part of it isn't working? What is the given answer?

-Dan

I tried to solve it in many different ways
Hi Krzys. Please show us one of those attempts. That may help us understand what you're working with.

Are you trying to evaluate it? Are you trying to simplify it? Is the example's answer 2^(2/3)?

Also, you can type logarithmic expressions using the keyboard. For example, the expression

\(\displaystyle 49^{\frac{1}{\log_{2}(343)}}\)

can be typed as

49^(1/log[2](343)) [imath]\quad[/imath]OR[imath]\quad[/imath] 49^(1/log_2(343))

PS: Here's a link from the Read Before Posting announcement to a site that explains (on four pages) how to type math expressions.

Cheers :)
[imath]\;[/imath]

Hi Krzys. Please show us one of those attempts. That may help us understand what you're working with.

Are you trying to evaluate it? Are you trying to simplify it? Is the example's answer 2^(2/3)?

Also, you can type logarithmic expressions using the keyboard. For example, the expression

\(\displaystyle 49^{\frac{1}{\log_{2}(343)}}\)

can be typed as

49^(1/log[2](343)) [imath]\quad[/imath]OR[imath]\quad[/imath] 49^(1/log_2(343))

PS: Here's a link from the Read Before Posting announcement to a site that explains (on four pages) how to type math expressions.

Cheers :)
[imath]\;[/imath]
Oh that's a 49 - I thought it was a lightning bolt followed by a y.